I always find the day i have the D&C really traumatic. I am in tears constantly. My first experience with a general anaesthetic was terrible so i am always scared stiff of another horror tale and get really worked up.So far later experiences have been OK but it doesn't stop the fear. And i don't wake up well from generals either. Especially if its a D&C. Today i woke up in pain, dry retching, hyperventilating and screaming for my baby. To top it off the recovery room nurse was horrid. she kept telling me to lie on my back. but i thought i was going to spew and kept trying to sit up. then after giving me some pain medication ( not enough) She said i couldn't have any more. even though i still had a horrid cramping pain in my belly. And she kept telling me to calm down as i was crying hysterically. I was still really groggy and dopey and i didn't understand half of what she wanted me to do at the time. all i knew was that i was in pain, about to be sick and desperately missing the little baby that had just been scraped out of my womb.
Believe me if i could have calmed down i would have i had completely lost the plot. then after my hour in recovery was up she tersely said "I'm taking you to the other room" which was the day surgery post op ward. the staff here were lovely they got me a hot pack for my belly, more pain relief, a cup of tea and told me to cry if i needed to. Some nurses really need to quit their jobs. I hope i never treat any patient of mine how i was treated in that first hour of consciousness.






Please, please, please call me if you need me! I have already worked out a backup plan and can be down there anytime. Just let me know. Love you and hope that you can sleep some tonight.
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry that it was an awful experience. No nurse should treat anyone that way. You continue to remain in my thoughts and prayers during this time. I'm thinking of you and sending big hugs of comfort your way.
ReplyDelete