Mummies Babies I love you all

pregnancy#6

Lilypie Maternity tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Mummy's Babies, I love you all xxoo

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

No I am not "OK". if you don't like the answer stop asking "how are you?"

(Excuse this post i need to vent)
"How are you?" everyone asks this question. and i mean EVERYONE. Most of my closest friends are still shocked and don't know what to do with my answers to this question, My work friends and colleagues ask it and then are shocked by the answer and don't know what to do. the 14yr old at the checkout at the supermarket asks this question even though he doesn't want an honest answer. people i pass walking their dogs ask this question and they don't want the answer either. NO I'M NOT OK. my hormones are crashing, my belly is crampy, AF is here and its not even a week since i found out my baby died in my body. none of this is OK. there would be something wrong with me if i was OK.
Why do we as a society ask such a personal question when first meeting someone? . Why are we always expected to be 'ok' or "fine thanks"? Why are we expected to lie instead of telling the truth?
 Because I  for one am sick of lying.

2 comments:

  1. I'm here from LFCA. I am so sorry for you loss. I also just experienced a loss at 6 weeks and it totally devastated me. I wish you support to get through this time.

    www.1eggplease.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey sweetie,
    I know that this question can seem so fake and insincere, I often feel that too. I'm sure your friends are genuinely concerned, though. If you don't want to answer, just ignore the question, or nod. It's really hard to hold it together when your world is falling apart like this, so just do your best. My thoughts are with you constantly at the moment and if you need anything, you know where to find me.
    (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete