Mummies Babies I love you all

pregnancy#6

Lilypie Maternity tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Mummy's Babies, I love you all xxoo

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, March 18, 2011

funny ways to releive anxiety ( alternate title how to make Cookie kick)

I decided against renting a doppler to reasure myself cookie was ok. but i have found a few ways that always seem to produce a kick or wriggle when i am feeling anxious,
if sitting quietly for a while fails to produce a kick i try moving my tummy muscles in and out to gently shake Cookie awake, I often get a sharp kick from this method as if Cookie is saying "oi mum, what was that for I'm sleeping here."
If this doesn''t work a large glass of cold orange juice will often do the trick (as well as boosting vitC and folate levels)
Cookies favourite however is a row of white chocolate and a warm drink (caffene free). This is also my favourite and a frequent after dinner treat Cookie will normally kick for 30 minutes after this.
If i haven't felt Cookie for what I think is ages ( in reality probably not that long) I find a teaspoon of brown sugar, two if necessary will produce a few kicks in about 5 to 10 minutes.
Typing this it all sounds rather silly and i will probably end up with a child with a massive sweet tooth as a result,
but i haven't found anything as good for releiving pregnancy anxiety as feeling bub move.
What do or did you do to releive pregnancy anxiety and or make your baby move?

4 comments:

  1. I, too, ate sugar. I'm not sure if my little one has a sweet tooth yet, but it was certainly cheaper and tastier than a doppler. I completely identify with the anxiety, though ... this last pregnancy was a long, hard road. Thinking about you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to rent a doppler... but with you about feeling so much better when I would feel a kick - a gentle prod always did the trick :)) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm trying not to eat much sugar (not doing so well at that lately!) so I lie down for awhile if I'm feeling nervous that I haven't felt a good kick for awhile. It's just hard to notice movement when there's a lot of noise and activity going on around me, so those quiet moments when I can just pay attention to baby really help my sanity. Glad cookie is doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't tell you how many times I drank a glass of juice and then laid down to wait for Bean to start dancing just to make myself feel better. She's not even one yet, and she already has a little bit of a sweet tooth, but it was so worth it. Those dancing sessions were one of the only things that made me feel confident that everything was okay and it makes me so happy to see her dancing out in the world now. I say do what you have to do, and enjoy it!

    ICLW #117

    ReplyDelete