Mummies Babies I love you all

pregnancy#6

Lilypie Maternity tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Mummy's Babies, I love you all xxoo

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, September 26, 2011

So glad someone said it.

While watching the morning show today whilst waiting for Cookie to fall asleep the story was on new mums who wished they had a baby of the opposite sex and were having trouble bonding with their 'unwanted' baby. And just as i was starting to feel my blood boil with thoughts of how can they be so ungrateful to  feel that about a healthy baby. ( yes during the early days of my pregnancy with cookie i briefly wished she was a boy, as my last miscarriage was a boy. But i wouldn't swap her for the world now, she is HERE and HEALTHY) Sami Lukas who was a guest on the show piped up eyes full of tears and said exactly what i was thinking. i had forgotten about her journey with IF. I am so glad she had the courage to speak up and remind everyone watching that every birth is a miracle and that the ability to have a child easily is not something shared by all.

4 comments:

  1. It is really hard to listen to women at times.

    It has already been a month. How is Cookie doing? How is Munchkin doing? How are you adjusting to two girls?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good on her for saying something... people who get disappointed with their child's gender really annoy me - if only they knew how lucky they are. I saw a wonderful documentary on Sami Lukas' IF journey... was very honest and heart-breaking. I wish more people like her would speak up and spread the word. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi from ICLW. It's nice when people stand up for us, right? Makes it a little bit easier than yelling at the TV! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't even begin to imagine anyone not bonding with their child no matter what the sex is.

    That really would have upset me!!

    Happy ICLW#27

    ReplyDelete