Mummies Babies I love you all

pregnancy#6

Lilypie Maternity tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Mummy's Babies, I love you all xxoo

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, September 2, 2011

Life with Cookie

(Note: To all those still struggling with TTC/ Loss, this blog will be now focused on parenting after loss and life in general. If you need to stop reading for a while I completely understand and i look forward to seeing you again soon. Sending baby dust to all xxoo)

The first two weeks with Cookie have been great She is a real snuggle bug and her favourite place to sleep is in someones arms. She is a champion feeder and didn't loose any weight in her birth week. The cardigan i knitted isn't going to fit for long.
 My guilty mummy secret is that I am co sleeping her as she hates her little bassinet. I also think i wouldn't be able to sleep without her close to me I love that i can just kiss her head to see if she is too hot or too cold, and i love that instead of crying she just makes funny noises and starts to look around for my nipple when she is hungry. I co slept with Munchkin  for 3 months as well. Cookie only wakes twice at night for a feed when she is in our bed. In the day she naps in the pram surrounded by noise. she likes to know where we are.
Recovery from birth for me this time has been a lot easier. I haven't been ravaged by hormonal crying like i did after munchkin was born. and we are getting more sleep this time round. Although i have never been so happy to be tired in my life.
I don't think i will ever understand why my Angels had to go or why Cookie is here today. all i know is that all of my babies have a special place in my heart.
Munchkin loves her little sister and i am not allowed to change a nappy or give her a bath without Munchkins help I hope this trend continues.
People have already been asking when number 3 will be coming and right now i can't answer that question. In an ideal world the answer would be soon. But we all know that the world is not ideal.
 and right now i have the lovely warm weight of a sleeping newborn in my arms and i feel blessed. and i am going to enjoy this feeling for a while before i even think about wanting to go through TTC again.

5 comments:

  1. It's so good to hear that life with your newborn is going so well. I co-slept with all my babies and they never cried for eating at all night or day because they had learned that they only needed to make grunt noises and move their mouth to be fed.
    It's so funny how people ask when you are going to have another right after you just gave birth! It's happened to me on several occasions also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!!! She is beautiful :)

    I looove her little outfit. Hats and blankets I've done, but booties and cardigans are still beyond me. Cookie looks so sweet in it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! :) Nothing like a warm sleeping baby next to you ... I miss those days already! Enjoy this time ... every birth, every little life, is truly a miracle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our baby girls are very much on the same page - good eaters, good sleepers (we do a bit of co-sleeping too!), and sweet little snuggle bugs.
    I'm shocked that people are already asking you when you plan to try again. Seriously?! It's time to relax and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations :)) Wonderful to return from my blogging break to see that your little one arrived safely... and that things are going so well :) Love to you all xoxo

    ReplyDelete