Monday, August 2, 2010
Back at work ( mabey a tad too soon)
I have been back at work the last 3 days ( we need the money). I thought i was ready. ( apart from my immediate boss no one knows) and if i was just doing my work i was OK. but then things would happen and i would fall to pieces. like today when i went to send a blood gas to pathology. i was standing at the pneumatic tube ( which is right next to the main operating room doors) and i suddenly heard the cries of a bran newborn baby. obviously just delivered by C- section. I was a mess in a microsecond luckily the tube is in an alcove of the corridor and i could turn around and no one saw me in tears. it was a struggle to calm my self and get back to work i had 2 high dependency Pt's to look after so i couldn't be away for more than 5 mins. This is such a hard journey at the moment.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






So sorry you are still feeling so awful but I don't blame you. What a shot in the guts. If you are managing to hold it together at work that is fantastic, you are so brave. Don't worry if you need to cry for a few moments. A trick I use though, if you are in a room full of people, is you put your tongue on the roof of your mouth and that stops you from being able to cry, should help if you are just barely holding it together. Love you heaps
ReplyDelete