I have been delaying this post for some time mainly because i don't know how to start it. And because i was worried that by sharing this i would be jinxing Cookie. But i want to share what has enabled this pregnancy after enduring three successive losses. So here is a treatment summary of this pregnancy.
step one : a course of Doxycycline ( antibiotic)
Step two: Prednisone 5mg (immunosuppressive steroid) from day 1 of cycle
step three: Clexane (lovonox) injections from ovulation + 1
step four: Pregnyl (beta HCG) injections on ovulation+4 and ovulation+7 for a luteal phase deficit.
step 5 : Progesterone pessaries 200mg morning and night from ovulation plus 7 through to 14 weeks pregnancy.
It goes without saying that i was taking a pregnancy multivitamin and on the advice of a gynae registrar i added High dose folic acid 5mg tablets. as he said a woman with my history should be taking it as a precaution and it won't do any harm. It was on Cycle #2 of this regime that we got Cookie.
the fert doc swapped the Clexane to baby aspirin at 10 weeks pregnant due to me bleeding.
Everything here is empiric treatment with the exception of the Pregnyl for the LPD. as i didn't test positive to an immune disorder or a clotting disorder. but she decided to treat me as if i did test positive to both and for some reason it has worked.
It is my hope that anyone who stumbles across this post after recurrent pregnancy loss may find an unexplored option.






It's wonderful that you posted this, I really hope it helps someone who needs it! Take care :)
ReplyDeleteVery , very interesting--I am glad you posted this. Excellent dr to treat you as if you had the disorders.
ReplyDeleteSo glad your doctor was willing to let you try this aggressive protocol despite not having positive proof or immune or clotting issues. It sure seems to be doing the trick!
ReplyDeleteHappy ICLW, NIAW and Easter. I've recently experienced my third loss while TTC#1. I also just found out that I have the heteroMTHFR mutation and will be having my homocysteine levels checked this week. Regardless of the results, I plan on insisting for an aggressive protocol if we go the IVF route so I can at least feel like we tried to cover everything we could. Your story gives me continued hope and determination that I will have a successful pregnancy.
ReplyDeletethank you so much for sharing!! I have a friend who is about embark on TTC #2 after 3 miscarriages and and #1 being a premie!!
ReplyDeleteI am going to share this post with her!!
ICLW #96