Mummies Babies I love you all

pregnancy#6

Lilypie Maternity tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Mummy's Babies, I love you all xxoo

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

6wk post birth check results

I received a call from my dr to discuss my 6 wk post birth check results. and it turns out my Vit D  levels are quite low which surprised me as i am in Australia and spend a lot of time outside with munchkin who is addicted to climbing trees and playing in her paddling pool. I was looking on Dr google for implications for low vit D and it is not just for our bones it apparently helps our immune system function correctly and has a role in male and female fertility especially in females with poly cystic ovaries. and  here is the cruncher it has a link to first trimester miscarriages as well. my fertility dr as far as i know didn't test for low vit D.
my blood is boiling to think that a simple vitamin supplement that you can get over the counter could have potentially prevented my miscarriages.

3 comments:

  1. I was told to take vitamin D by my second endocrinologist, after my miscarriages, as well ... and had my healthy daughter. While I can't say for sure that this was the cause, it sure as hell makes me wonder ... and also makes me angry that doctors don't test more thoroughly for things like vitamin levels, and/or that they believe only in numbers when symptoms point in another direction.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have just started taking vit d supplements. I had been reading about the link between that and fertility myself. My dr never said anything either. I was not tested though, so I could be OK.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Vitamin D was low before I got pregnant,too, and my clinic kept upping my supplement until my levels were OK. But I wonder how much that has to do with anything. Pretty much everyone I know who's had their vitamin D level checked has come out low, and none of them have had trouble with losing babies.

    ReplyDelete